Monday, October 24, 2011

Pretzel bread

A while back a new grocery store opened up around here and it is more of a speciality grocery store. Although it can be a fun store and has a lot of fresh stuff and hard to find things it can also be a bit out of our price range. I have heard of pretzel bread before but I have never seen it at a store. One day a long while back we went on a special trip to the store and we could each pick one thing fun to try. Eric picked out pretzel bread. I have been experimenting with baking bread for a while now so we usually don't buy bread but Eric thought this was safe because I didn't even have a recipe for it. We all tried it and loved it, although I just got a bite and the rest of the loaf was history.
Needless to say Eric has been wanting me to try and make it for a long time now but I haven't had a chance to really sit and look for a good recipe. Last week I was finally able to find a recipe and try it out. I have made a lot of different and most of them have turned out pretty good. But this was turned out so well I thought I would brag a little.
I know that it doesn't look all that from this sad little picture but it really did taste good. We thought it was actually better then the one we bought. So now we can have the bread any time and only a fraction of the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment