Friday, May 11, 2012

Our first vegetable!

About a week and a half ago we were able to harvest our first vegetable from our family garden. Our very own radishes!
 It was pretty exciting to see how fast these radishes popped up. We planted two rows of them and even after thinning them out we will have plenty of radishes.... I'll have to see if I can find some recipes.  
It was pretty easy to see which ones were ready and Eric showed the boys the little pinkish red bulb. Eric and I both like radishes but the boys have not. Amazingly they were really happy to give them a try. 
 Eric worked hi s way through the rows and was able to pull some really nice out. After we collected our bunch I we went inside to clean them off. 
 
Eric and I were the first to try them the bigger ones did have a little bit more of a bite to them, so we gave the boys a smaller one to try. They each took a bite and were not a fan, but I was happy they were willing to try it. 

1 comment:

  1. You guys have such a green thumb! Those looks so delicious. And the boys look so proud of them! Great job guys!

    ReplyDelete